Baskerville-Donovan, Inc. is hiring an Instrument Man/Rodman to join our Survey team in our Pensacola, FL office. Under the direction of the Instrument Operation and Crew Chief, this position sets up the instruments and equipment associated with surveying land and preparing the job site for a survey.
- High School Diploma/GED
Essential Job Duties
- Loads crew vehicle with equipment and supplies, ensuring availability of everything needed for the job. Verifies that everything is loaded back on the truck from the worksite at the end of the workday.
- Unloads equipment and supplies at the end of each workday, ensuring security of the items for the evening.
- Cleans and maintains crew vehicle and tools/equipment so that they are in good operating order (i.e. tools cleaned, blades sharpened, etc.)
- Drives company survey truck as requested.
- Effectively uses all survey tools including plumb bob, prism pole and tri pod set up.
- Measures and accurately sets points at pre-designated areas; sets stakes, hubs and boundary corners.
- Proficiently and safely cuts line utilizing machetes, chain saws and other required tools.
- Works in accordance with safety requirements regarding equipment, terrain and traffic; considers safety of self and other in all actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Qualified driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to arrive on time to ensure productivity of the entire crew
- Strong work ethic in a physically demanding environment
- Ability to take initiative; self motivated; sees what needs to be done and starts working
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
Working Conditions and Environmental
- Exposure to weather
- Grease, Oil
- Dust, Shavings
Baskerville-Donovan, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with disability.